Bentleyville Finance Committee
April 24th, 2013
Jonathan Slain, Finance Chair; George Skipper, Finance Committee
Bernice Schreiber, Fiscal Officer
Christine Comstock, Council; John Bourisseau, Council; Kathleen Hale, Council
Meeting Called to Order at 6:10PM
Approval of Minutes
Approved without changes
Lots of computer purchases have been made and were taken out of the police equipment budget.
The new police car was purchased for approximately $28,200, which is under the $30,000 amount budgeted. Some additional items may need to be added on to the car.
The accounts payable listing was reviewed and recommended for payment. Several questions were presented and satisfactory answers were provided by the fiscal officer.
Bernice was directed by the Mayor and members present to pay the utility bills each month before Accounts Payable are approved in order to avoid future late fees.
Review of Financial Statements and Ordinances
Revenue YTD is $34,000 over budget and expenses YTD are approximately $20,000 under budget, for a net effect of Bentleyville being $54,000 better than budget YTD.
Finance recommends approval of all motions and ordinances on the agenda.
• Bernice attended a seminar and thinks that we should consider convening a records commission for Bentleyville.
• Councilman Slain put together the following language to be voted on at the May meeting.
o Procedures for Council Expenditures
A motion shall be introduced by the Mayor or a Council Member for any expenditure to be made by the Village of Bentleyville except where any one or more of the following exceptions apply:
• Expenditures included in the budget;
• Expenditures under $1000;
• Expenditures that recur from time to time and have previously been approved by a simple majority of Council;
• Expenditures required due to emergency.
• Councilman Slain will work with the Law Director to draft an Ordinance to give the Mayor the authority to make expenditures of up to $15,000 without prior approval of council. This spending authority will be drafted so that it is similar to the Ordinance drafted by Orange. This Ordinance will be presented for discussion at the May meeting and can then be voted on potentially in June unless major revisions are necessary.
Meeting adjourned at 6:54PM
All rights reserved. © 1831 - 2017 Village of Bentleyville, Ohio, USA
6253 Chagrin River Road • 440-247-5055 • Fax (440) 247-3755
Bentleyville, OH 44022
Website hosted and developed by Chagrin River Partners
Maintentance by Village Administration