VILLAGE OF BENTLEYVILLE
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
July 9, 2013
Meeting called to order at 7:00 P.M.
Present: Commission members Hale, Bunker, Miller and Spremulli
Also Present: Inspector, Rick Loconti of MBIS
For the Property Owners: Dr. John Maxfield
Architect, Neal Saffran
Proposed Garage/Craft room at 35036 Cannon Road
The property owners propose to demolish existing garage and rebuild a new garage, using a New England Salt Box design compatible with the existing century home.
The Proposal as made requires the following:
• Height variance, 20 ft. allowed, 8 ft. variance needed to 28 feet.
• Side yard set-back variance -15 provided, 20 ft. needed.
• Entrance door facing front of main dwelling- code requires facing side of main building.
• 1000 square feet required all accessory buildings – variance of 444 sq. feet is needed.
• Restriction of one story – 20 ft. height –variance for two stories needed.
• Front yard set variance needed.
Commission members questioned property owner and architect on the proposal and the necessity of multiple variances.
Discussion and review of the Village Ordinance governing variances and the standard for granting variances was discussed.
Dr. Maxfield explained how he and his wife both emergency room physicians need a three car garage to insure that at least two of three vehicles are always available in the event of an emergency call.
After lengthy discussion and questions, a decision was made to table the request, to give the property owners and their architect an opportunity to review the design in an effort to reduce number of variances requested.
Motion to table: Hale, Second, Miller.
Unanimous vote to table.
Meeting rescheduled for July 31st at 7:00 P.M.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 P.M.
All rights reserved. © 1831 - 2017 Village of Bentleyville, Ohio, USA
6253 Chagrin River Road • 440-247-5055 • Fax (440) 247-3755
Bentleyville, OH 44022
Website hosted and developed by Chagrin River Partners
Maintentance by Village Administration